Alternative Dental Hygiene Practice
Personalized Dental Hygiene Services That Come to You!
- RDHAP brochure
- Preventing Aspiration in Older Adults with Dysphagia
- RK Authorization To Release Records
- RK Clincal Exam And Treatment Plan
- RK Medical History Acknowledgement
Personalized oral health care
As a Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP) I can travel to client’s place of residence and provide customized dental hygiene services.Medical studies have shown that overall health of a person may be enhanced with improved oral health. Links to heart health, lung diseases and diabetes have been found from bacteria in the mouth. Infection and pain in the mouth could prevent a person from eating which can result in weight loss and other nutritional problems.
Oral and periodontal health assessments can be done to provide the best possible dental hygiene treatment for each individual person.
Families and facilities can be assured their relatives and clients will be cared for in a professional caring manner. Referrals for additional dental care will be made to the client’s dentist or the contracted dentist of the facility will be contacted.
A Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice can travel to clients to meet their oral care needs. An assessment of oral health care needs will be made and treatment will be customized to meet the client’s specific needs.
Customized Treatment Plans to meet the oral health care needs of:
- Medically compromised
- Cancer patients
- Developmentally disabled
- Geriatric clients
- Alzheimer and Dementia
- Phobic and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome Patients.
A Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP) can perform Dental Hygiene Services in:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Residences of the homebound
- Residential facilities and other institutions
- Oral Prophylaxis
- Deep Cleanings
- Fluoride and Remineralization Treatments
- Dry Mouth Treatments
- Denture Cleaning
- Preventative Oral Cancer Screenings
- Staff in-service and training
- Oral Care education for Residents
- Assessment of oral needs
- Aspiration pneumonia prevention
- Comfort care